Thursday, January 21, 2010

Throw's Third Album Launching This Saturday! Yay! Yay!

Ninety percent of the time, I am the usual observer, the one to make comments, the person who is never too impressionable. Not exactly jaded, just not wont to rave quickly over matters and people.

Thus, it is unlikely that I resort to lick-ass (pardon the dirty term) tactics just to earn the good graces of people that I respect or admire. This I say as a general rule.

Sometimes, however, I turn into a little fangirl (still without the ass-lick predisposition, please note) ... like right now. It cannot be helped. To fully appreciate a craft such as a beautiful song or an iridescent voice, one has to listen, not only with his ears, but with his heart, mind, and soul.

It is therefore with my heart, mind, and soul that I appreciate the artistry of Al Dimalanta, and the people who make up Throw, as well the people who were once part of Dead Ends.

Which is why I am very excited about Throw's 3rd album launching this coming Saturday, January 22. It's been more than a year since Throw launched their second album (we wrote about it here) Unwavering. The featured song is Choose, a song written by Al and emerging wonder drummer boy Spyk Maniego. Do come over to Leprechaun Bar tomorrow, see Throw live (check out the poster for details), and pick up their CD. I should stop blabbering now and let the song speak for itself, yes? See you at the gig.

No comments: