Wednesday, March 3, 2010

For Words, Against Words (Pour Les Mots, Contre Les Mots)

My comeback playlist, it seems like it. I would have done "Love Is Dead Part 2" (allusions to this post here), but you guys know that the topic of love is so passe, and the playlist that I initially created for that theme ... sucked big time.

I think this playlist is a bit better, and more appropriate.

Pour les mots, contre les mots. For words, against words.

Words can be as nourishing as manna falling from the sky, or as deadly as daggers thrown at your direction before you could even see and dodge.

Never say anything that you might later regret having said.

The wound that you might create with words may never heal, even with time.

Tracklist:

1. Talk With Jesus - The Jones Sisters
2. Never Talking To You Again - Husker Du
3. Someone To Talk To - The Screaming Blue Messiahs
4. Good As My Word - All
5. Four Letter Word - Echobelly
6. Mess Of Words - That Petrol Emotion
7. For Want Of - Rites Of Spring

I, I believed memory might mirror no reflections on me,
I, I believed that in forgetting I might set myself free.

But I woke up this morning with a piece of past caught in my throat,
And then I choked....

And I woke up this morning with the present in splinters on the ground,

And then I drowned.... (Rites Of Spring)


Updates on this month's gigs coming up later.

No comments: