Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter Sunday: A Year After Passage To Eternal Life, Among Other Things

Maligayang Linggo ng Pagkabuhay sa inyong lahat!

Today marks the end of the Lenten season in the Christian world. It has been said that Christmas Day should be celebrated on Easter Sunday. I would rather involve myself in related discussions in another venue. :)

Instead, I want to point out some things relevant to this blog.

Today, Easter Sunday, April 4, 2010, marks the First Death Anniversary of Trash Radio's co-founder, Je Bautista. When I first realized this months ago, I thought, what beautiful serendipity: even in another dimension, Je has always kept his twisted sense of humour. He was, is, and will always be creative, and nothing will ever change that fact. For this reason, I have a song playing right now, a personal favorite of his, to remember him by. Need I say what it is?

A few months ago, some arrangements were being made with friends of Trash Radio Manila. The result, ultimately, is Music Speaks. Music Speaks is the production arm of Trash Radio Manila, so named after Je's multiply blog (which also happens to be the prototype blog of Trash Radio Manila). Funny that our good friend Hilboy wrote about Music Speaks days before I did, haha. Thanks man, as always. Read about Hil's write-up HERE.

The first event of Music Speaks will be held on April 6, 2010, Tuesday, at Route 196 along Katipunan Avenue in Quezon City. The gig will feature full-length sets by Throw, Caliph8, and Radioactive Sago Project. That the choice of artists is somewhat of a musical motley was deliberate and something that I have always wanted to see on a regular basis.

Check out the poster for details. While I do not dare say that this is a tribute gig to Je (again, coincidental!), starting anew is almost the most natural thing to do after Easter Sunday.

Something like ... spring cleaning, too. ;)

See you guys on Tuesday.

(Photo of The Resurrection from this site.)

No comments: